This program is aimed at students who want to immerse themselves in a totally English life. The program is developed without classes. The aim is that the student is immersion in the language and culture throughout their stay. This program is very successful and students can experience first-hand the customs, cuisine and lifestyle of the English. The main idea is that the student be incorporated into the daily routine of the family forming for a member of the family. It is important the ability to adapt by students as contact and coexistence with the family is 100 %.
THIS IS A TOTAL IMMERSION PROGRAM AND CAN NOT BE COMBINED WITH ENGLISH CLASSES.
The city - Bournemouth
Bournemouth is located in the centre of the southern coast and enjoys a mild climate. It has become in one of the most popular resorts in Britain, getting reputation as the entertainment capital of southern England. The city centre is surrounded by beautiful gardens and just a few minutes away you will find one of Britain‘s cleanest and most popular sandy beaches.
This program is aimed at students who want to immerse themselves in British life. It is designed without English classes, activities or excursions. The aim is that the student is immersed in the English language, culture and traditions throughout their stay and spend their whole stay with the family. This program is very successful for both students and families where they both experience first-hand the customs, cuisine and lifestyle of the English people. The main idea is that the student is incorporated into the daily routine and becomes a member of your family. It is important that the student settles well within your family and your daily life. You are welcome to invite the students to join your children at their school as a guest. Please make sure that you include the student in your daily activities (i.e. shopping, family visits, walking the dog, family days out, spending evenings together playing games or watching movies, having all meals together, etc.)
Most of them have children of similar ages. They may live in a more rural or more central area. British families hosting our students are fully responsible for them although our local coordinator and group leader are available 24 hours.
During the stay, the families organize recreational week. There are occasions where students can share family with a student from another nationality activities or even attend secondary school with the children from the family.
We want our students, besides learning English, live and learn English culture
The aim of this program is to provide both, European and English children, with a memorable experience. And the opportunity to be immersed in the daily life of a British family in order to practice and improve the language, the knowledge of the culture and a love for the country. On the other hand, English children will also benefit from so many values learnt through such experience such as learning a new culture, sharing, caring, empathy, patience, generosity, cooperation, being a role model, teaching, being tolerant and so much more that will help them with their social skills growing up.
We therefore look for “caring” families with children anywhere in the south of England.
From feedback received from other host families, this experience is extremely successful. It allows students to make a friend and often becomes a long-life friendship.
REQUIREMENTS THAT WE ASK OUR FAMILIES TO MEET
- Ideally families must have children between the ages of 12 and 16.
- Students can take a single room if available, if not we welcome students sharing the rooms with British children, who will act as the host brother or host sister, as long as girls share with girls and boys share with boys.
- The European student/child should be made welcome to the same school the host child attends. Most of the schools are happy to support our plan, but unfortunately there are a few schools that cannot see the advantages this experience can add to their pupils’ education. If that were the case, the Spanish child could attend a different local school with a friend, neighbor or relative of the family.
- Alternatively, if you are a stay at home mum with younger children, the student does not have to attend school and can stay in your care.
For GROUPS we organize a trip for a maximum of 15 students travelling with a leader, who is responsible for the group needs during their stay along with coordinating the relationship with the host family
- Dates: 5th July to 26th July
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Participants No.: 15
- Adult Ratio: 1-15
- Age: 12-17 years’ old
*** Note: You can choose the GROUP programme with weekly or non-weekly excursions.
For INDIVIDUALS. it is possible to book this program individually for pupils aged between 16 and 17 years. The family will collect them on arrival. The program is developed in July and August only and is open to travel 2,3 or 4 weeks.
- Dates: All Year around, except Christmas holidays
- Duration:2, 3 or 4 weeks
- Participants No.: 1
- Age: 14-17 years’ old
*** Note: Individual students travel by themselves. Therefore, the mini age is 14 so they can fly without adult supervision. Parents will take student to the airport in their local country and one of our representatives will Welcome them on arrival to any London airports, Southampton or Bournemouth.
BOTH PROGRAMMES INCLUDE
- Airport Transfers
- Full guardianship support
- Immersion with British family
- Leader and assistance 24 hours
- No English language tuition
- Accommodation in a single room and full board
- Insurance Multi Assistance: Medical, travel assistance and civil liability
- The family often do activities with the student. The student must keep pace with the family.
- Assistance from the British organization during stay
- Emergency numbers
- Cancellation Insurance