SUMMER GOLD JUNIOR PROGRAMME
Our GOLD JUNIOR PROGRAMME is for 11 to 17-year-old learners. We offer a mix of engaging and stimulating English lessons in the morning combined with sports, interactive and cultural activities in the afternoon, as well as full day trips and excursions with overnight stay in London and a ride on the London Eye.
This is an English course of 15 hours weekly which includes project work and specially designed lessons to prepare students for their day trips. This encourages them to put learning into practice in real life situations, providing learning at all levels and a program packed with sports and cultural activities, and excursions. This enables students to build up knowledge and confidence in international atmosphere. Our team has been carefully selected for their responsible and caring attitude, for being fun-loving and outgoing. Our partner school is regulated by Ofsted and is a Highly Trusted Sponsor for The Home Office. Lessons take place at Bournemouth & Poole College, in classrooms equipped with TV sets and Smart boards.
Bournemouth is located on the southern coast and enjoys a mild climate. It has become one of the most popular resorts in Britain, gaining reputation as the entertainment capital of southern England. The city centre is surrounded by beautiful gardens, and just a few minutes away you will find one of Britain‘s cleanest and most popular sandy beaches.
Our summer English courses take place in The Bournemouth & Poole College, just a 10-minute walk away from the town centre and the sandy beach. Our language courses are attended by students from the world over and have been designed specifically for young learners who are visiting a foreign country for a short period. Maximum class size is 16. Teachers are passionate and experienced and have been selected for their ability to engage and motivate students showing them that learning matters and that education can be exciting and rewarding. Our teachers ignite a love of learning in students, which they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. All of our teachers are TESOL qualified. Teaching materials are provided and have been carefully compiled and selected for originality, content and relevance to young people.
- Open city campus (not a closed campus)
- Central location
- 10 minutes’ walk to the beach or town center with banks, post office and supermarkets
- Bus stops (local services) available in front of the building
- Spacious classrooms, WiFi hot spots
- Sports facilities in the town centre: gym, football pitch, volleyball, etc.
- Occasional access to main hall for afternoon or evening events
The programme includes an intensive English Course (20 x 45 minutes per week). All courses follow the European Framework of Reference Levels: Lower Intermediate (A2), Intermediate (B1), Upper Intermediate (B2) and Advanced (C1). Study materials and end-of-course certificate provided. There will be no more than 16 students per group. Generally, these students have varying native languages and are of similar age. All our teachers are qualified, with either a CELTA qualification or a teaching qualification (PGCE Primary/PGCE Secondary in Modern Languages).
Students can choose between homestay and residential accommodation. The residence and the school buildings are situated in the safe Lansdowne area within a 5-minute walk from each other. In peak season, we have approximately 250 students at the centre. Students come mainly from Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Turkey and France. This enables our students to experience a multicultural environment where English is the means of communication.
Staying with a family is the BEST way to practise your English and to learn more about the British way of life. Bournemouth is a city of many cultures and this is reflected in the homestays we use. Families are carefully selected for their friendliness, cleanliness and access to and from the school. Host family homes are regularly inspected. Most of our families are located within 20-45 minutes away from the school by public transport. The family will provide all the necessary assistance. Services included:
- Single/shared room for students of the same sex
- Shared bathroom
- Full board (breakfast, pack lunch and dinner)
- Laundry, sheets and towels provided by the family
Residence accommodation is the perfect way to live and socialise with students of similar ages from other countries. We offer a full programme of evening activities at the residence daily. Our residencies offer the following:
- Lockable single rooms, en-suite (toilet, sink and shower);
- Bed, desk and wardrobe with a shelf and a hanging rail;
- Room size: approx. 14.2sq m;
- Laundry service;
- Bedding and towels provided;
- Full board (breakfast, hot lunch and dinner);
- Adaptor plugs are not provided, but needed;
- 1 leader per apartment to look after welfare and security.
*Upon arrival we require a damage deposit of £100 (or 120€) per student, which will be refunded on the last day provided that no damage has been caused to the property.
Students staying at the residence will have full board, which will include:
- Continental breakfast at the College cafeteria from Monday to Friday and at residence at the weekend.
- Hot lunch will be served at the College cafeteria from Monday to Friday.
- Hot dinner will be served at the College cafeteria from Monday to Friday.
- At the weekend, students will get a pack lunch (triple sandwich + bottle of water + bag of crisps or chocolate bar), and dinners will be served at a nearby restaurant.
Students attending The Gold Junior Programme will enjoy a fun and diverse programme of activities which will take place during afternoons, evenings and weekends, such as:
- Visits to museums, castles and cathedrals;
- Shopping, movies, karaoke, international sports;
- At night: international parties, barbecues, etc.;
- Kayaking, sailing, body boarding, surfing, etc.;
- Bowling, cooking workshops, Pantomime Theatre;
- Cinema, Laser Quest, Mini golf and Light Disco.
Typical full-day excursions:
London Weekend (this counts as 2 full days), Oxford, Bath, Hever Castle (JOUSTING show), Portsmouth (HMS Victory) and Windsor (including a tour of the Harry Potter Studio).
Typical half-day excursions:
Poole Harbour and Sandbanks, Christchurch Priory and Highcliffe Castle, Jurassic Coast (Corfe Castle, Swanage, Durdle Door, Old Harry Rock), Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge
Transfers to and from Heathrow and Gatwick airports are included in the cost of our Gold Junior Programme as long as the students travel on the dates specified in our brochure, between 11 am and 5 pm. Should the students travel outside of these times, additional costs will apply. The Language Training Co. will provide coaches at London Gatwick Airport North/South Terminals and London Heathrow Airport Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The transfer service will be provided by coach or minibus companies, taxi, train or any other services authorised for the transport of passengers. In certain cases, and with the prior knowledge of the Agent and the students, the transfer may be carried out by the host family or may be provided by the Agent. The people providing the transport service have suitable identification, accreditation and will be visible in the pick-up areas. The Language Training Co. will provide a 24-hour assistance telephone number for the transport company.
Staff & Welfare
Our Activity and Excursion Programme is run by our enthusiastic and skilled Activity Leaders. They ensure that all students are involved in the fun and exciting range of activities on offer and encourage them to practise their English all the time. All of our staff members work together towards achieving the same goal - making sure that students feel safe, are listened to, are cared for, enjoy and engage in every aspect of the programme in order to make this a memorable experience. Our staff have been very carefully selected for their friendliness and dedication, as well as their professionalism and a wealth of experience of working with children from all around the world. The welfare of our students is our main priority at all times, both on-site at the school and off-site during excursions and trips. We offer a very high level of supervision, ensuring that our students feel supported and cared for every minute of their stay with us. We have put together a very efficient and experienced management team, who will be led by our Operations Manager. They will take responsibility for every aspect of student welfare, along with the day-to-day running of the programme at the school, accommodation and external activities. They are in charge of the overall supervision of the English teaching programme, social activity programme and excursions.
Meet Our Leaders
Gold Junior Programme schedule
- Start dates: Every Sunday from the beginning of July;
- Duration: 2, 3 weeks;
- Course weeks run from Monday to Friday;
- Morning lessons are from 9:00 to 12:00 (3 hours);
- Afternoon activities are from 13:00 to 16:30 (3 hours 30 minutes).
What is included
- Return transfers Heathrow and Gatwick;
- Host Family or Residential Accommodation;
- Full Board (breakfast, lunch and dinner);
- 20 lessons (55 minutes each) of General English per week;
- Study materials;
- A weekend in London;
- A ride on The London Eye;
- 1 full day trip and 1 half day trip (please see Itinerary for details);
- Daily sports, excursions and cultural activities in the afternoon and evening;
- Travel card for local buses;
- All entrance fees to attractions included;
- 24 hours Emergency Phone;
- Leader support during the stay;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Full travel and medical insurance.
- Cancellation Insurance
- Unaccompanied Minor charge for personal collection and check-in (£50 each day)
- Pocket money for souvenirs and shopping