ONE TO ONE ENGLISH LESSONS
The school is located near the beach in a traditional building in central Bournemouth – an area packed with a variety of restaurants, shops and cafes to suit all tastes. The library is very close to the school. The school itself has all the necessary facilities to offer high quality in teaching and accommodating students, organising recreational and cultural activities.
Our teachers use the latest course books and promote an enjoyable and rewarding learning experience. Students are taught self-study techniques so learning can continue outside the classroom.
Adults aged 16+ with a range of English language abilities. Where possible, students will be placed alongside students of other nationalities. The level of international integration, however, may vary.
Lessons will be based on the communicative approach, which has proved its worth in language teaching. The language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening will be taught. Prior knowledge will be reviewed, and vocabulary and use of grammar will be further developed. The course includes English language level assessment and diagnostic screening to identify strengths and areas for further improvement. Lessons will be as practical as possible, focusing on topics and skills relevant to the student's learning objectives. Teaching materials and end-of-course certificate are provided.
All our teachers are qualified, with either a TEFL qualification or a teaching qualification (PGCE Primary/PGCE Secondary for Modern Languages). There will be a level test on the first day and students could be placed in any level from Beginner to Advanced.
Location and Facilities
- Located in Bournemouth Town Centre
- 12 spacious classrooms on 2 floors
- 10 minutes’ walk to the beach or town centre with banks, post office and supermarkets
- Fully-equipped computer room with WiFi
- Garden with seating area to enjoy a sunny day in Bournemouth
Accommodation plays a very important part in our students’ language and cultural experience in the UK. Being comfortable and in a friendly environment is a must for our students’ well-being, and we would go the extra mile to make their stay a memorable one. To this end, we provide a choice of living arrangements tailored to everyone’s needs.
Accommodation plays a very important part in our students' language and cultural experience in the UK. Being comfortable and in a friendly atmosphere is a must for our students' well-being, and we would go the extra mile to make their stay a memorable one. To this end, we provide a choice of living arrangements tailored to everyone's needs.
Host Family Accommodation
Staying with a family is the BEST way to practise English and to learn more about the British way of life. Bournemouth is a city of many cultures and this is reflected in the homestays we use. Families are carefully selected for their friendliness, cleanliness and access to and from the school. Host family homes are regularly inspected. Most of our families are located within 20-45 minutes away from the school by public transport.
The family will provide all the necessary assistance. Services included:
- Single or shared room for students of the same sex
- Shared bathroom
- Full or half board
- Laundry, sheets and towels provided by the family
- Adults Westcliffe Student House
- Adults Springbourne Student House
- Adults Westbourne Student House
- Adults Hurn House
The school organises an extensive program of sports, cultural and leisure activities, as well as excursions such as:
- Visits to museums, Russell Cotes Museum;
- Shopping, movies, karaoke, international sports;
- Kayaking, sailing, body boarding, surfing, etc.;
- Cooking workshops;
- Football tournaments.
London, Oxford, Bath, Hever Castle (JOUSTING show), Portsmouth (HMS Victory) and Windsor (including a tour of the Harry Potter Studio).
Poole Harbour and Sandbanks, Christchurch Priory and Highcliffe Castle, Jurassic Coast (Corfe Castle, Swanage, Durdle Door, Old Harry Rock), Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge.
If students need a transfer from the airport, one of our representatives will be waiting for them on arrival to take them to their chosen accommodation.
- Bournemouth International Airport
- Southampton International Airport
- London Heathrow International Airport
- London Gatwick International Airport
- London Luton International Airport
- London Stansted International Airport
Are you ready to book your course?
One to-one English lessons offer the greatest amount of flexibility both in terms of lesson times and course content. Our one-to-one students can also enjoy a wide range of materials and other teaching resources on offer at no extra cost.
If language learners only have a limited amount of time, this is their best bet.
Try our one-to-one lessons, where you decide what you would like to study and when.
We have helped clients with a range of needs - workplace English, exam praparation, accent reduction, etc.
- Each lesson may last 60, 90 or 120 minutes – student chooses the duration;
- Flexibility - student chooses the days and times;
- The Director of Studies will do a complete assessment of the student's needs;
- We allocate a personal language trainer who will be the most suitable for your needs;
- Regular progress reports, an end-of-course report and certificate are available;
ONE-TO-ONE PRIVATE TUITION
|Block of 10 hrs||£50|
|Block of 20 hrs||£45|
|Block of 30 hrs||£40|
ONE-TO-TWO PRIVATE TUITION
|Block of 10 hrs||£65|
|Block of 20 hrs||£55|
|Block of 30 hrs||£45|
Please note that private lessons are scheduled to suit the student's availability. However, the hours in each block must be used as follows:
- 10 hours – within 3 calendar months from the first day of your lessons;
- 20 hours – within 6 calendar months from the first day of your lessons;
- 30 hours – within 12 calendar months from the first day of your lessons.