ONE TO ONE ENGLISH LESSONS
The school is located next to the beach in a traditional building in central Bournemouth, where you will find many restaurants, classic English pubs and a variety of shops to suit all tastes. The library is very close to the school. The school has developed an infrastructure that allows to offer high quality, both in teaching of English, as well as accommodating students and organizing recreational and cultural activities.
Our teachers use the latest course books and promote an enjoyable and rewarding learning experience. Students are taught to develop the technique of self-study so learning can continue outside the classroom.
Adults aged 16+ with a range of English language abilities. Students will be integrated with students from other nationalities where possible. However, the level of international integration may vary.
Lessons will be based on a communicative teaching model in the English language for people who will be mixed ability users. The language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening will be included in the course reviewing prior knowledge and developing new vocabulary, use of grammar and improving verbal skills. All courses include English language level assessment and diagnostic screening to identify strengths and areas for further improvement. Lessons will be as practical as possible and when trips or specific activities are organized a lessons will be done the previous day on the location or subject to prepare you for your trip. All courses follow the European Framework of Reference Levels: Lower Intermediate (A2), Intermediate (B1), Upper Intermediate (B2) and Advanced (C1). Teaching material, certificate provided. There will be no more than 16 students per group. Generally, these students have varying native languages and are of similar age. All our teachers are qualified, with either a TEFL qualification or a teaching qualification (PGCE Primary/PGCE Secondary for Modern Languages). There will be a level test on the first day and you could be placed on any level from beginners to advance
Location & Facilities
- Located in Bournemouth Town Centre
- 12 spacious classrooms on 2 floors
- 10 minutes’ walk from the beach or town centre with banks, post office and supermarkets
- Fully – equipped computer room with WIFI
- Garden with seating to enjoy Bournemouth sunshine
- 5 minutes away from the beach
Your accommodation is a very important part of the process in your language learning and culture experience in the UK. Being comfortable and in a friendly atmosphere is a must for your wellbeing whilst staying with us, to make your stay a great time to be remembered. We therefore provide a complete choice of living arrangements for you.
Host Family Accommodation
Staying with a family is the BEST way to practice your English and to learn more about the British way of life. Bournemouth is a city of many cultures and this is reflected in the homestays we use. Families are carefully selected for their friendliness, cleanliness and access to and from the school. Host family homes are regularly inspected. Most of our families are located within 20-45 minutes away from the school by public transport.
Family will provide all the necessary assistance. Services included:
- Single or shared room for students of the same sex
- Shared bathroom
- Full or half board
- Laundry, sheets and towels provided by the family
- Adults Westcliffe Student House
- Adults Springbourne Student House
- Adults Westbourne Student House
- Adults Hurn House
The school organizes an extensive program of sports activities, cultural, leisure, excursions such as:
- Visits to museums, Russell Cotes Museum
- shopping, movies, karaoke, international sports
- Kayaking, sailing body board, surfing, etc.
- Bowling, cooking workshops
- Football tournaments
Full day excursions
London, Oxford, Bath, Hever Castle (JOUSTING show), Portsmouth (HMS Victory) and Windsor including tour of Harry Potter Studio.
Half day excursions
Poole Harbour and Sandbanks, Christchurch Priory and Highcliffe Castle, Jurassic Coast (Corfe Castle, Swanage, Durdle Door, Old Harry Rock), Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge.
If you organize for a transfer from the airport, one of our representatives will be waiting for you on your arrival to take you to your chosen accommodation.
- Bournemouth International Airport
- Southampton International Airport
- London Heathrow International Airport
- London Gatwick International Airport
- London Luton International Airport
- London Stansted International Airport
Are you ready to book your course?
One to-one English lessons offer the greatest amount of flexibility both in terms of appointments and suiting the English lessons to your individual needs. Our one-to-one users can also enjoy a wide range of material and other teaching resources on offer at no extra cost.
Do you only have a limited amount of time available for study?
Try our one-to-one lessons where you decide what you would like to study and when.
We have helped clients with a range of needs-preparation for exams, etc.
- Each lesson may last 60, 90 or 120 minutes – at your preference;
- Flexibility - you choose the days and times;
- The Director of Studies will do a complete assessment of your needs with you;
- Your personal language trainer will be the most suitable for your needs;
- Regular progress reports, and end-of-course report and certificate are available;
ONE TO ONE PRIVATE TUITION
|Block of 10 hrs||£50|
|Block of 20 hrs||£45|
|Block of 30 hrs||£40|
ONE TO TWO PRIVATE TUITION
|Block of 10 hrs||£65|
|Block of 20 hrs||£55|
|Block of 30 hrs||£45|
Please note that private lessons are organized to suit your availability. However, the hours in each block must be used as follows:
- 10 hours – within 3 calendar months from the first day of your lessons;
- 20 hours – within 6 calendar months from the first day of your lessons;
- 30 hours – within 12 calendar months from the first day of your lessons.