This programme is aimed at students who want to immerse themselves in the English way of life but without formal tuition. The idea is to give students the opportunity to achieve full immersion in the language and culture throughout their stay. This program is very successful and students can experience first-hand the customs, cuisine and lifestyle of the English. They participate fully into the daily routine of the family, thus becoming one of its members. It is important that the students keep an open mind and be adaptable as contact and coexistence with the family is 100 %.
THIS IS A TOTAL IMMERSION PROGRAM AND CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ENGLISH CLASSES.
Bournemouth is located on the south coast of England and enjoys a mild climate. It has become one of the most popular resorts in Britain, gaining reputation as the entertainment capital of southern England. The town, founded in 1800, has gradually grown into a full-scale resort town characterised by its cosmopolitan atmosphere, wide, tree-lined boulevards, Victorian architecture, long and clean sandy beach, beautiful gardens and busy shops.
This programme is aimed at students who want to immerse themselves in the English way of life but without formal tuition, organised activities or excursions. The idea is to give students the opportunity to achieve full immersion in the language and culture throughout their stay. This program is very successful for both students and families where they both experience first-hand the customs, cuisine and lifestyle of the English. The students participate fully into the daily routine of the family, thus becoming one of its members. It is important that the students settle well within the daily life of their host families, and the families have the opportunity to invite the students to join their children at their school as guest students. The families will make sure that they include the students in their daily activities such as shopping, family visits, walking the dog, family days out, spending evenings together playing games or watching movies, having all meals together, etc.
Most of our host families have children of the same age group as the students. They may live in a more rural or a more urban area. British families hosting our students are fully responsible for them although our Local Coordinator and group leaders are available 24 hours.
During the stay, the families organise recreational week. There are occasions where students may share a family with a student of another nationality or even attend secondary school with the children of the family.
We want our students, apart from learning English, to also experience and find out about the English culture.
The aim of this program is to provide both European and English children with a memorable experience and the opportunity to be immersed in the daily life of a British family in order to practise and improve their language skills and gain knowledge of the culture. On the other hand, English children will also benefit by adopting values such as sharing, caring, empathy, patience, generosity, cooperation, tolerance, being a role model, etc
We, therefore, look for ‘caring’ families with children anywhere in the south of England.
From feedback received from host families we know that this experience is extremely beneficial to both students and families. It allows students to make a friend and, who knows, this might be the beginning of a lifelong friendship.
REQUIREMENTS THAT WE ASK OUR FAMILIES TO MEET
- Ideally families must have children between 12 and 16 years old
- Students can occupy a single room if available. If not, we welcome students sharing rooms with British children, who will act as the host brother or host sister, as long as girls share with girls and boys share with boys.
- The European student/child should be made welcome in the same school the host child attends. Most of the schools are happy to support our plan, but, unfortunately, there are a few schools that cannot see the value this experience can add to their pupils’ education. If that were the case, the European child could attend a different local school with a friend, neighbour or relative of the family.
- Alternatively, if the host mother is a stay-at-home mum with younger children, the student does not have to attend school and can stay in her care.
For GROUPS we organise a trip for a maximum of 15 students travelling with a leader, who is responsible for the group needs during their stay along with coordinating the relationship with the host family
- Dates: 5th July to 26th July
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Number of participants: 15
- Adult to child ratio: 1-15
- Age: 12-17 years old
*** Note: You can choose the GROUP programme with weekly or non-weekly excursions.
For INDIVIDUALS: it is possible to book this program individually for pupils aged between 14 and 17. The family will collect them on arrival. The program runs in July and August only and runs for 2,3 or 4 weeks.
- Dates: All year round except Christmas holidays
- Duration: 2, 3 or 4 weeks
- Number of participants: 1
- Age: 14-17 years old
*** Note: Individual students travel on their own. Therefore, the minimum age is 14 so they can fly without adult supervision. Parents will take the student to the airport in their country and one of our representatives will welcome them on arrival at any of the London airports, Southampton or Bournemouth.
BOTH PROGRAMMES INCLUDE:
- Airport Transfers;
- Full guardianship support;
- Immersion in a British family;
- 24-hour assistance;
- Accommodation in a single room and full board;
- Multi-assistance insurance: Medical, travel assistance and civil liability
- The family often do activities with the student. The student must keep pace with the family.
- Assistance from the British organisation during stay
- Emergency numbers
IMPORTANT: English language tuition is not offered on this programme
- Cancellation Insurance