The school is located near the beach in a traditional building in central Bournemouth – an area packed with a variety of restaurants, shops and cafes to suit all tastes. The library is very close to the school. The school itself has all the necessary facilities to offer high quality in teaching and accommodating students, organising recreational and cultural activities.
Our teachers use the latest course books and promote an enjoyable and rewarding learning experience. Students are taught to develop self-study techniques so learning can continue outside the classroom.
Adults aged 16+ with a range of English language abilities. Where possible, students will be placed with students of other nationalities. The level of international integration, however, may vary.
Lessons will be based on the communicative approach, which has proved its worth in mixed ability classrooms. The language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening will be taught on the course. Prior knowledge will be reviewed and new vocabulary and use of grammar will be further developed. All courses include English language level assessment and diagnostic screening to identify strengths and areas for further improvement. Lessons will be focused on the Cambridge English Qualification exams. Teaching materials and end-of-course certificate are provided. There will be no more than 16 students per group. Generally, these students will represent a variety of native languages and will be of similar age. All our teachers are qualified, with either a TEFL or a teaching qualification (PGCE Primary/PGCE Secondary in Modern Languages).
Location & Facilities
- Located in Bournemouth Town Centre
- 12 spacious classrooms on 2 floors
- 10 minutes’ walk to the beach or town centre with banks, post office and supermarkets
- Fully–equipped computer room with WiFi
- Garden with seating area to enjoy a sunny day in Bournemouth
Accommodation plays a very important part in our students' language and cultural experience in the UK. Being comfortable and in a friendly environment is a must for our students' well-being, and we would go the extra mile to make their stay a memorable one. To this end, we provide a choice of living arrangements tailored to everyone's needs.
Host Family Accommodation
Staying with a family is the BEST way to practise English and to learn more about the British way of life. Bournemouth is a city of many cultures and this is reflected in the homestays we use. Families are carefully selected for their friendliness, cleanliness and access to and from the school. Host family homes are regularly inspected. Most of our families are located within 20-45 minutes away from the school by public transport.
The family will provide all the necessary assistance. Services included:
- Single or shared room for students of the same sex
- Shared bathroom
- Full or half board
- Laundry, sheets and towels provided by the family
- Adults Westcliffe Student House
- Adults Springbourne Student House
- Adults Westbourne Student House
- Adults Hurn House
The school organises an extensive programme of sports, cultural and leisure activities, and excursions such as:
- Visits to museums, Russell Cotes Museum;
- Shopping, movies, karaoke, international sports;
- Kayaking, sailing, body boarding, surfing, etc.;
- Cooking workshops;
- Football tournaments.
London, Oxford, Bath, Hever Castle (JOUSTING show), Portsmouth (HMS Victory) and Windsor (including a tour of the Harry Potter Studio).
Poole Harbour and Sandbanks, Christchurch Priory and Highcliffe Castle, Jurassic Coast (Corfe Castle, Swanage, Durdle Door, Old Harry Rock), Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge.
If students need a transfer from the airport, one of our representatives will be waiting for them on arrival to take them to their chosen accommodation.
- Bournemouth International Airport
- Southampton International Airport
- London Heathrow International Airport
- London Gatwick International Airport
- London Luton International Airport
- London Stansted International Airport
Are you ready to book your course?
- Course Levels: B2/FCE, C1/CAE, C2/CPE
- Minimum age: 16
- Average age: 25
- Course length: 9/10/13 weeks
- Average class size: 12 (maximum 16)
- Lessons a week: 10 lessons p/w or 15 lessons p/w
- Minimum level required: FCE – B2, CAE – C1, CPE – C1
Who is the course for?
These courses are for students who can use everyday written and spoken English at a minimum of Upper Intermediate level and require recognised proof of their English ability. Courses focus on improving accuracy in reading, writing, listening and speaking, together with vocabulary building, pronunciation and important examination techniques. Examinations are administered by the University of Cambridge and certificates do not expire. Choices are as follows: B2 First, formerly known as Cambridge English: First (FCE), C1 Advanced, formerly known as Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and C2 Proficiency, formerly known as Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
Find Out Your Level
Find out your English level here.